Software Engineer: Spatial Image Data Processing
Readcoor seeks an experienced and results oriented software engineer to design, implement, and integrate sophisticated image processing and analysis pipelines. The FISSEQ biomolecular localization platform produces massive quantities of three-dimensional image data, which must be subjected to object recognition, signal detection and processing, and feature extraction.
The spatial data analysis and visualization team operates at the interface of big data analytics, image signal processing, bioinformatics, and data visualization. We work in a fast paced environment focused on rapid deployment and scalability. Your role will focus on leading the development of the core image processing framework, which sits between our sequencing devices and visualization platforms to provide high performance spatial sequencing read generation and general biomolecular localization information.
• Develop and deploy pipelines to process, analyze, and store three-dimensional biomolecular spatial imaging and localization data
• Participate in database design and implementation for the purposes of storing biomolecular spatial localization data
• Collaborate with the hardware engineering group to develop necessary infrastructures for large volume image data storage and transmission
• Manage feature- and application-level development timeline and milestone establishment
• Assist in the conceptualization and deployment of software, file, database, API, etc., specifications
• BS/MS in computer science or related field
• 3+ years of industry / production-level experience with image signal processing pipeline development
• Experience with high-volume, high-throughput image processing applications
• Familiarity with mathematical concepts and practical implementation of algorithms related to digital signal processing, feature and frequency based image alignment, object recognition, statistical quality metrics, and similar topics in the image analysis space
• Proven track record of developing practical, maintainable, and well-documented software
• Proficiency programming in C/C++ and Python in both Linux/UN*X and Windows environments
• Ability to quickly learn new software techniques and mathematical concepts
• Prior work Cython and/or building CPython C API extensions
• Previous experience working in the microscopy, genomics, or medical fields
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative and multifunctional environment
ReadCoor has introduced and is leading the next generation of “omics” by delivering the first panomic spatial sequencing platform to a global audience of researchers, clinicians, pharma, diagnostics companies, and ultimately patients. This is made possible with a fundamental new technology called FISSEQ which simultaneously enables integration of high throughput sequencing, morphometric analysis, cellular location and three-dimensional spatial imaging. This uniquely powerful tool is the first and only implementation of “In-situ Sequencing” and will revolutionize the next phase in understanding the transcriptome, introducing vast new opportunities for important and meaningful clinical insight. ReadCoor will fulfill the mission with a comprehensive set of high quality services, systems and actionable information provided to research and healthcare communities worldwide.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Readcoor, Inc. is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Our office is located in Medford, MA until spring 2017 when we will relocate to Memorial Drive in Cambridge.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference the job title in your reply.
Note to Employment Agencies: The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited. Thank you!