We are looking for a systems, electrical, or mechanical engineer with a passion for science and automation.
We are looking for systems, electrical, or mechanical engineers with a passion for science and automation. The successful candidates will contribute to the design and development of automation hardware and software for high-throughput, laboratory instrumentation and device networks, as well as the design and development of tools for analysis of genomic data. We seek talented, creative and enthusiastic individuals who will contribute to the design and development of FISSEQ (Fluorescent in situ sequencing).
Our systems engineers will work with a collaborative multidisciplinary team on developing FISSEQ (Fluorescent in situ sequencing) Technology.
• Develop, test, run and maintain novel sequencing devices and associated technologies.
• Perform testing, organize and analyze data and report results.
• Contribute to internal reports, patent applications, presentations, and publications.
• MS preferred.
• BS in electrical/mechanical engineering or related degree, MS a plus
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with technically sophisticated electromechanical design projects or related experience
• Proficiency in mechanical design (e.g. SolidWorks, ProE, etc) required
• Hands-on experience with prototyping
• Experience with data acquisition for experimental electro-mechanical systems required; previous experience in robotics, medical device design, human interface design, quality systems, and/or electrical testing are highly desirable
• Knowledge of engineering documentation and lab procedures desirable
• Strong organizational skills, creativity, motivation, and communication (oral and written) ability required
• Prior experience in software development or use pertaining to data acquisition and control is beneficial
• Candidates must have a willingness to work outside of their discipline to accomplish project goals
ReadCoor has introduced and is leading the next generation of “omics” by delivering the first panomic spatial sequencing platform to a global audience of researchers, clinicians, pharma, diagnostics companies, and ultimately patients. This is made possible with a fundamental new technology called FISSEQ which simultaneously enables integration of high throughput sequencing, morphometric analysis, cellular location and three-dimensional spatial imaging. This uniquely powerful tool is the first and only implementation of “In-situ Sequencing” and will revolutionize the next phase in understanding the transcriptome, introducing vast new opportunities for important and meaningful clinical insight. ReadCoor will fulfill the mission with a comprehensive set of high quality services, systems and actionable information provided to research and healthcare communities worldwide.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Readcoor, Inc. is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Our office is located in Medford, MA until spring 2017 when we will relocate to Memorial Drive in Cambridge.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to email@example.com, please reference the job title in your reply.
Note to Employment Agencies: The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited. Thank you!