Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: December 12, 2019
SECTION 9 OF THIS AGREEMENT IS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE THAT REQUIRES MOST DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION INSTEAD OF IN COURT. SEE SECTION 9 FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE, AND HOW TO OPT OUT.
By accessing or using any website with an authorized link to this Agreement or accessing or using any content, information, services, features or resources available or enabled via such website (collectively, the “Website”), clicking on a button or taking another action to signify your acceptance of this Agreement, you: (1) agree to be bound by this Agreement and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as published through the Website; (2) represent you are of legal age in your jurisdiction of residence to form a binding contract; and (3) represent that you have the authority to enter into this Agreement personally and, if applicable, on behalf of any company, organization or other legal entity on whose behalf you use the Website. Except as otherwise provided herein, if you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, you may not access or use the Website.
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. THE WEBSITE MATERIALS, SUCH AS TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, AND INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT, AND THE WEBSITE MATERIALS SHOULD NOT BE USED DURING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
Subject to Section 9.9 of this Agreement, ReadCoor reserves the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Website at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the applicable Website. You should regularly review this Agreement, as your continued use of the Website after any such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
1. Ownership of and License to Use Website.
1.1 Use of the Website. ReadCoor and its licensors own all rights, title and interest in the Website. The Website is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. Subject to this Agreement, ReadCoor grants you a limited license to use the Website solely for your personal non-commercial purposes. Any future release, update or other addition to the Website shall be subject to this Agreement. ReadCoor and its licensors reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
1.2 Trademarks. ReadCoor’s stylized name and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Website are the trademarks of ReadCoor and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Website are the property of their respective owners. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright notice, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Website.
1.3 Feedback. You agree that your submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to ReadCoor (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that ReadCoor has no obligations with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to ReadCoor the right to use any Feedback in any way at any time without any additional approval or compensation.
2. Restrictions on Use of Website.The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Website or any portion of the Website; (b) you shall not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or Website (including images, text, page layout or form); (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using ReadCoor’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Website except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access the Website to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Website may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Website; (i) you shall not interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Website or use the Website in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement; and (j) you shall not attempt to harm the Website, including but not limited to, by violating or attempting to violate any related security features, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into the Website, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of the Website by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing”, or “crashing” the Website. Any unauthorized use of the Website terminates the licenses granted by ReadCoor pursuant to this Agreement.
3. Third-Party Links.The Website may contain links to third-party services such as third party websites, applications, or ads (“Third-Party Links”). When you click on such a link, we will not warn you that you have left the Website. ReadCoor does not control and is not responsible for Third-Party Links. ReadCoor provides these Third-Party Links only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to them, or any content, products or services accessible through such links. Your use of all Third-Party Links is at your own risk.
4. Indemnification.You agree to indemnify and hold ReadCoor, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners and licensors of each (collectively, the “ReadCoor Parties”) harmless from any damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any claims concerning: (a) your misuse of the Website; (b) your violation of this Agreement; (c) your violation of any rights of another party; or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. ReadCoor reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with ReadCoor in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement or your access to the Website.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions.YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE READCOOR PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARISING FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE. READCOOR PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS, OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
6. Limitation of Liability.
6.1 Disclaimer of Certain Damages. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE READCOOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF READCOOR PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6.2 Cap on Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (U.S. $100). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
6.3 Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN READCOOR AND YOU.
7. Termination.At its sole discretion, ReadCoor may modify or discontinue the Website, or may modify, suspend or terminate your access to the Website, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to the Website, ReadCoor reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal or injunctive redress.
8. International Users.The Website is controlled and offered by ReadCoor from its facilities in the United States of America. ReadCoor makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
9. Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with ReadCoor and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
9.1 Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute between you and us relating in any way to the Website or this Agreement, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify; and (2) you or ReadCoor may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). This Arbitration Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the Effective Date of this Agreement or any prior version of this Agreement.
9.2 Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to ReadCoor, Inc., 840 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02319. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims with an amount in controversy under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’ most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/; all other claims shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. JAMS’s rules are also available at www.jamsadr.comor by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and you cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, ReadCoor will pay them for you. In addition, ReadCoor will reimburse all such JAMS’ filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees for claims with an amount in controversy totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
9.3 Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and ReadCoor. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other proceedings or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim or dispute. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and this Agreement (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which any award (or decision not to render an award) is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator shall follow the applicable law. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
9.4 Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND READCOOR HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT (OTHER THAN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AS PERMITTED HEREIN) AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and ReadCoor are instead electing that all covered claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in Section 9.1 above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow this Agreement as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
9.5 Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE FOR CLAIMS COVERED BY THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER USER. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this Section’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, then the claim must be severed from the arbitration and brought into the state or federal Courts located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
9.6 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending a timely written notice of your decision to opt out to the following address: ReadCoor, Inc., 840 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02319 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address and a clear statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of this Agreement will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have with us, or may enter into in the future with us.
9.7 Severability. Except as provided in Section 9.5, if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
9.8 Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement or your relationship with ReadCoor.
9.9 Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if ReadCoor makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30) days of such change becoming effective by writing ReadCoor at the following address: ReadCoor, Inc., 840 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02319.
10. General Provisions.
10.1 Assignment. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without ReadCoor’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
10.2 Force Majeure. ReadCoor shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
10.3 Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and ReadCoor agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state courts in Middlesex County, Massachusetts or federal courts located in the District of Massachusetts.
10.4 Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY ACTION RELATED THERETO WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW OR OTHER PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANOTHER JURISDICTION.
10.5 Notice. You may give notice to ReadCoor at the following address: ReadCoor, Inc., 840 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02319. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by ReadCoor by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
10.6 Contact Information. If you would like to contact us with respect to the Website, please e-mail email@example.com.
10.7 Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
10.8 Severability. Subject to Section 9.7, if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
10.9 Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.