Software Engineer: Device Control and Interfaces
We are looking for software engineers with a passion for work at the interface of software and hardware in highly multidisciplinary environments.
The successful candidates will contribute to the design and development of software for cutting-edge spatial sequencing hardware and device networks.
The hardware development team spans the engineering disciplines to develop custom devices and software to perform high-precision, three-dimensional localization of biomolecules in complex samples. We build all of the embedded and systems level software that runs our custom hardware, as well as the associated front ends and real time analytical pipelines. Your role on the team will focus on expanding our high level hardware software, including a Python-based control framework and web technology-based frontend. You will interface extensively with our scientific R&D team to identify and implement new features and improvements throughout the software stack.
• Work with the hardware development team to build, test, and deploy software for our spatial sequencing devices
• Collaborate with the scientific R&D team to improve the usability and reliability of device control software and user interfaces
• Develop and maintain test and analysis workflows
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation systems
• Participate in the implementation of real time image analysis and big data storage / transfer infrastructures
• BS in computer science or equivalent experience
• Practical experience contributing to application-scale software in a high-level programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Python [preferred])
• Strong interest in working at the interface of hardware and software
• Experience working on UNIX-like operating systems (e.g., Linux) and with version control systems (e.g., git)
• Interest in UI design / user experience development
• Previous experience working with microcontrollers / embedded software
• Basic familiarity with and interest in human genetics, spatial visualization or digital cartography
• Strong attention to detail / interest in maximizing software performance and robustness
ReadCoor has introduced and is leading the next generation of “omics” by delivering the first panomic spatial sequencing platform to a global audience of researchers, clinicians, pharma, diagnostics companies, and ultimately patients. This is made possible with a fundamental new technology called FISSEQ which simultaneously enables integration of high throughput sequencing, morphometric analysis, cellular location and three-dimensional spatial imaging. This uniquely powerful tool is the first and only implementation of “In-situ Sequencing” and will revolutionize the next phase in understanding the transcriptome, introducing vast new opportunities for important and meaningful clinical insight. ReadCoor will fulfill the mission with a comprehensive set of high quality services, systems and actionable information provided to research and healthcare communities worldwide.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Readcoor, Inc. is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Our office is located in Medford, MA until spring 2017 when we will relocate to Memorial Drive in Cambridge.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference the job title in your reply.
Note to Employment Agencies: The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited. Thank you!