Senior Scientist - R&D
We are seeking a PhD scientist with significant knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry to lead our efforts pertaining to fluorescent in situ sequencing (FISSEQ).
You will work with cells and tissue to develop fluorescent molecular detection methods. Simultaneously, you will apply your understanding of molecular interactions between enzymes, tissue environment, hydrogels, and surfaces to tackle challenges of molecule immobilization, extension, amplification and sequencing. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and planning workflows with multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
Specific goals will include developing FISSEQ technology to expand the capabilities of current methods and protocols. These responsibilities will include: development and validation of experimental protocols, organization of and participation in collaborative efforts, writing and assisting with peer-reviewed publications, patent applications, and grant proposals, biological experimentation in synthetic biology and sequencing contexts, and providing guidance to multiple interdisciplinary development teams.
• Technical lead to develop and optimize methodologies for fluorescent detection of molecules utilizing both in vivo and in vitro approaches
• Responsible for developing and optimizing FISSEQ in tissue sections and cell cultureDevelop protocols to facilitate rapid optimization of fixation, permeabilization, and sample stability in cells and tissue
• Standardize FISSEQ biochemistry with an emphasis on repeatability, process streamlining, and cost efficiencyConceptualize and implement technical advances related to the fixation, permeabilization, and stability of cell and tissue samples
• Provide guidance and strategy to R&D team on molecular biology and biochemistry
• Work with a cross-functional, collaborative team to adapt processes for commercialization
• Analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports/presentations for fellow team members and management to show progress along project timelines
• Contribute to the company’s intellectual property portfolio by documenting results and filing for IP protection
• PhD. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or related Biological Sciences required
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably in a high-throughput industrial setting
• Demonstrated expertise with molecular biology protocols (IHC, ISH, NGS library construction, next generation sequencing, rna-seq, and DNA/RNA/protein sequence analysis), automatic liquid handling, and technology development
• Hands-on experience with cutting edge DNA sequencing and molecular analysis techniques
• Hands-on experience with in situ molecular biology protocols (IHC and/or ISH)
• Demonstrated experience in taking basic research through to product development and/or technology transfer is highly desirable
• Demonstrated success in planning and management of multiple concurrent projects/workflows
• Knowledge of computing software for DNA analysis, as well as working knowledge in statistical methods
• Basic software scripting (i.e: Python) experience a plus
• A high level of commitment and a track record of quality work with attention to detail
ReadCoor has introduced and is leading the next generation of “omics” by delivering the first panomic spatial sequencing platform to a global audience of researchers, clinicians, pharma, diagnostics companies, and ultimately patients. This is made possible with a fundamental new technology called FISSEQ which simultaneously enables integration of high throughput sequencing, morphometric analysis, cellular location and three-dimensional spatial imaging. This uniquely powerful tool is the first and only implementation of “In-situ Sequencing” and will revolutionize the next phase in understanding the transcriptome, introducing vast new opportunities for important and meaningful clinical insight. ReadCoor will fulfill the mission with a comprehensive set of high quality services, systems and actionable information provided to research and healthcare communities worldwide.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Readcoor, Inc. is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Our office is located in Medford, MA until spring 2017 when we will relocate to Memorial Drive in Cambridge.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference the job title in your reply.
Note to Employment Agencies: The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited. Thank you!